Monday, October 20, 2014

(The Great and All Powerful Chicken Elixer)

Good Morning!! So excited about today's post, I love experimenting with different recipes and I can't wait to share this one from Fresh Eggs Daily. If you've never read or seen this blog before, head over right now and start :) It's my go to blog for all of my chicken qualms! Here's my take on the recipe, you will need the following:

-Apple Cider Vinegar (which I will now call ACV from this point on)
-Garlic
-A glass Mason Jar
-Various Herbs, I chose what I had available lemon balm, mint, rosemary, thyme, and...hmmm what was the last one? I can't remember...I can see it in the picture just can't remember the name ha!


All my ingredients ready to go.


Just pour your ACV in the jar, add garlic, then herbs, put the lid on, and place in a sunny window :)


Now I will be adding this concoction to my hens water, since I already add straight up ACV to their water for various reasons, I feel like this will be a suped up version with way more health benefits for my girls!

Why do I use ACV?
ACV can act as a mild antiseptic, and helps to produce good bacteria in your hens, I also find it keeps the green scumminess from producing in my waterer. Please note only use ACV in plastic waterers, as it will rust metal ones....Is waterer a real word?

What's up with the herbs?
Herbs have many uses, the ones I chose in particular help to increase overall immune health to my birds :)



No comments:

Post a Comment